You might already know that Finland has two official languages: Finnish and Swedish.
But did you know that
- many of the most influential Finnish companies were founded by immigrants?
- that Finland has always been a multilingual country and that more than 150 languages are spoken in the Capital region today?
- have the right to attend either Finnish or Swedish integration courses
- can apply for citizenship either in Finnish or in Swedish
- have the right to use Swedish with the authorities
- can choose Swedish education, from early childhood to higher education
- can take part in the rich Swedish culture in literature, theatre and music, among other fields
- can take part in the rich Swedish culture in literature, theatre and music, among other fields the Swedish language opens up the Nordic countries for you.
- can also study Swedish if you are unemployed, a stay-at-home parent and alongside work or studies.
Maybe Swedish could be a language for you? There are more than 65 000 registered Swedish speakers in the Capital Area. In total 5% of the population are registered as Swedish speakers.
If you have any further questions you can book an appointment with our counselors.